The Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA), in association with American Water Works Association (AWWA), Water Environment Federation (WEF) and the Water Design-Build Council (WDBC) is seeking presentations for the 2016 Design-Build for Water/Wastewater Conference, which will be held at the Charlotte Convention Center in North Carolina from April 20-22, 2016. The Conference provides a platform for experienced, knowledgeable, and well-spoken industry experts to highlight best practices in design-build project delivery in the water and wastewater sector, and to discuss the merits of it as a means to achieve exceptional project outcomes.
The conference seeks to create a platform for successful capital project delivery in the water sector by teaching the effective integration of design and construction services using design-build contracting to ensure success for owners and design-build practitioners. Only submissions that align with these core purposes will be considered.
We are seeking presentations, panel discussions and workshops ranging from topics on acquisition strategies to post-award and operations with specific emphasis on lessons learned from the perspective of Owners. Although there is no restriction on topics to be submitted, the following have been identified as areas of particular interest for the 2016 conference:
- Procurement Best Practices for Design-Builder Best Value Selection
- Means for Successful Progressive Design-Build Project Procurement and Project Completion
- Project Planning Strategies for Design-Build Project Procurement and Project Completion Success
- Design-Build Project Contracting and Delivery Best Practices to Effectively and Fairly Manage Risk
- Project Planning and Execution Methods to Create Best Value Assets Using Design-Build
- How to Maximize Project Innovation Using Design-Build Project Delivery
- Design-Build Project Delivery Strategies to Promote Effective Collaboration
All submissions must be completed online at: https://www.dbwater.com/call_for_papers.cfm
Incomplete submissions will not be accepted.
Questions regarding the submission process should be directed to:
Executive Meetings and Event Coordinator
Voice: (202) 454-7528
Fax: (202) 682-5877